Monday, October 31, 2011

Crossroads...

Congratulations on surviving this weekend's storm.  If you lived elsewhere, rest assured, it sucked.  Some people are still cleaning up but Albany is mostly back to normal since we didn't get hit nearly hard enough.  Gloom and doom aside, I had a fun weekend and I hope you did as well.  Today's picture of the week is a sincere and humble request for feedback.  I'll explain-I'm at a crossroads with photography.  Those of you who really know me know that I tend to rush things.  However, in my defense, my passion for photography and the doors that have already opened seem to be running faster than even I could have imagined.  So here I am, about to make some serious, long-lasting decisions and I find myself at a crossroads:

 
I found this on my (almost) daily walk at lunch and snapped a photo, thinking it was a bit humorous.  Up until that point I had no idea what I was going to write about today (my first writer's block, yay!).  I saw this and it was perfect.  So this here is the dilemma...do I continue on at a steady and leisurely stroll, enjoying every minute of it and feeling absolutely no pressure or risk, or do I start running, experiencing the adrenaline rush and risk of injury?  Hmmmmmm...

That's really all I have to say.  Some wise guy once said, "with great risk comes great reward" and I'm probably over-dramatizing this but for having an extremely low risk tolerance this is a big deal for me.  I guess my ultimate plea is that I will have a "Lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path"-Psalm 119:105.  I need some light for the next few steps and for the long-term as well.

Questions, comments, smacks upside the head...I welcome them all.

timwlaw@gmail.com
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=500654346
https://twitter.com/#!/tlawrencephoto

-Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment