Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Schenectady: The lost city

I know, I know...it's not Monday!  Sorry to keep ya'll waiting, it's been amazingly busy and I've fallen behind on my editing.  I started using RAW files instead of JPEG and that's a whole new learning curve to overcome, hence why I haven't done much uploading anywhere lately.

Well here it is, or they rather...


















There is a wonderful little article that I found explaining the origins of this sign, here's the link.  This guy does a much better job explaining it than I would so I step back into the role of information liaison.                                                           >>http://www.lostlandmarks.org/cokeschenectady.html<<

This photo is possibly the start of my first " personal project".  I assigned myself the task of finding, photographing, and writing about all of the little things in Schenectady, NY that has been lost to history.  There is a wealth of knowledge and history in this old city and I've always loved history (my grandmother has always been a history buff and passed that on to me), but I've never taken the time to explore my own city.  I'm not going to be posting a whole ton of photos constantly, as I want this project to take time, lots of time.  In this digital world and instantly attainable (and subsequently just a instantly forgettable) information, I'd like to slow down a bit and make something lasting.  Wish me luck :)

No comments:

Post a Comment