Monday, October 17, 2011

New direction!

Happy Monday!  New week, new challenges, new opportunity....and new inspiration!  After speaking with a writer friend of mine, who just started a new blog as well (she's awesome and will you will enjoy her posts...http://cynthialovely.com/), I've decided on a weekly theme.  Every Monday I'll post a picture with a short description or story or whatever for all to enjoy.  At worst, you will be entertained by my ploys to entertain you, at best you will love the photo and my writing will improve!

Ok!  Here it is...

This photo means quite a bit to me.  A picture is worth a thousand words right?  I'll try to keep it to 100 ;) Back in 2010, a military family moved here from the South and started attending my church.  Right from the start they were friendlier than most Northerners, especially for not knowing anyone!  My wife (fiancee at the time) and I spent some time with them and immediately became solid friends with the whole family.  They were a home away from home for Kayla and treated her with love and kindness during the most stressful times of planing a wedding and going to school.  They continue to be close friends even with the busyness of our wedding, there daughter's wedding, and countless other activities that sometimes keep us apart.  I stopped by their house on Saturday after dropping Kayla off at work to catch a few football games with the man of the house, Joey.  He's a die-hard LSU (geaux Tigers!) and New Orleans Saints fan and I like them too.  It's also amusing to watch him get all bent out of shape during the game when it doesn't go his way.  Well, Sis. Manos had decorated the outside of the home with some pretty awesome Fall decorations and I just had to have a mini-shoot.  The light couldn't have been better for it being 1pm (it got way better at around 5, maybe those pictures will come next...) so click click click went my shutter.  This was my favorite shot not only because of the lighting and color, but also because it embodies everything this family is about-welcoming people into their home with unconditional love.  They have truly blessed myself, Kayla and countless others in the sometimes not-so-friendly Northeast.  I'm thankful that God has placed them in our lives and hope that they feel as welcome in my home as I do in theirs.

I hope you enjoyed the photo and story of the week!  Come back next Monday for more...

2 comments:

  1. I can't say that I welcome Fall (seems like Summer was too short) but Joanna and Joey are definitely some of the most welcoming folks I know; so the the shot is very appropriate. Lighting is good and you are right, early evening light in the fall is great for some unique shots.
    Dwayne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving this. Fall is so amazing and full of so much color.

    Thanks for sharing :]

    ReplyDelete